Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spice Cake Pumpkin...not Pumpkin Spice Cake

Sometimes elaborate details are the last thing a cake needs.  Sometimes it's just perfect with a few, simple embelishments.

I realized as I was about to pipe a jack-o-lantern face on this October Special pumpkin cake that I was about to ruin it's simple beauty. 

Less is more.  This cake said "Hey!  I'm done!"  And it was right:).
October may be my favorite month of the entire calendar year.  The cool temperatures return, the colors of the leaves and the promise of many cozy, cold months ahead.  I know, I'm crazy.  But if you were as pale as me, you wouldn't be too keen on direct sunlight and warm temperatures.  I'm just sayin.

And, October has the added bonus of being the month when I'm allowed to start watching White Christmas again!  I'm going to try to hold out until after Halloween - or Reformation Day, as I prefer to think of it - but I promise nothing. 

A little gum paste ivy and leaf work
In this my most favorite month, I'm happy that someone took me up on the little special, and I hope this four layer spice cake with cream cheese butter cream helps keep the party it' going to festive.  Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment