Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to Frame a Cake

When I was a girl, I had a great love for porceline dolls.  After the acquisition of three or four of those glassy-eyed figures, I came to a common conclusion:  fake dolls are creepy. 

Since then, I've not been one for collecting.  But at this point in my life, I have a great love of beautiful cake pedestals, platters and stands.  I love them, and I love shopping for them.  I find them online, at antique stores and even, *gasp* at Walmart. 

Like framing a painting, a pedestal finishes a beautiful cake. These are a few of my favorites.




I have started offering these treasures as rentals for smaller cakes.  Perhaps as my collection grows and becomes more diverse, I'll offer them for the big, fat wedding cakes too. 




Luckily, cake pedestals don't stare back at you.  They have no eyes that follow you as you move about the room.  They stack well and stay conveneiently out of sight, out of mind until they are needed.  At last, a collection worth keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment