Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Christmas Project is Finished! TA DA!

Here is the final Christmas Tree Cake!  I'm so pleased with it, and I hope it's a hit for the dear people who ordered it.

The Christmas Tree Cake

As you know, if you've been reading previous posts, it's made out of spice cake and cream cheese buttercream.  Stacked and hand-carved, covered with two colors of green fondant, topped with a gumpasted nosegay bow and finished with luster dust and those cute little royal icing teddy bears.

And here are a couple of close ups on the detail work.  I used a gum paste tool to create the look of evergreen needles.

A close up on the evergreens and bears
Tree Topper

Merry Christmas to all!  I hope this Christmas Tree Cake has put you in the Christmas spirit.  Have a wonderful holiday!

3 comments:

  1. Amy, what you do is amazing! It's absolutely perfect! I love the colors and the way the ribbons poof out the top and drape gracefully down and the little bears and way it looks like the cake glitters!

    Thank you so much for this! I can't wait to hear about it's big entrance on Christmas Day!
    And for next Christmas....????!!???!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this better than Duff's cake. You're a star, and I think a reality show, complete with Andrew eating your gumpaste, would be a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks you guys! You both totally made my day:).

    If there was some way to do a reality show in my house and film only the cute stuff and the cakes...and none of the dirty laundry and bad hair days...I'd be all for it! lol

    ReplyDelete