Thursday, December 30, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

On the cusp of a new year, I'm looking back at my 2010 cake file.  It was a good year for the butter industry, thanks mostly to moi. 

I'm posting a fun cake today, because I need to keep optimistic about the future - for a number of reasons.  So here's a look at a baby cake I did for a dear friend.  Babies are the very definition of optimism, and thus I give you the adorable, two-tiered, baby boy cake.

10" and 6" tiers, yellow cake, chocolate buttercream,
covered in marshmallow fondant
Here's a close up for you:

Gum paste figures

Ah!  Babies!  Praise God for their little chubby cheeks and the hope they inspire for the future.  Happy New Year, dear readers. 

As they used to say in England..."Keep Calm and Carry On!"

No comments:

Post a Comment