Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ain't God Goooood to Indiana?

It is no secret that I love Indiana. Specifically, I love RURAL Indiana.

I think of it fondly as "the Shire," a la The Lord of the Rings.  It is green, gorgeous and generous.

It is my home.  I've lived so many places - far away France, distant D.C., and now, likable Linton.

Photo Credit

Yes, I do like Linton.  It may have been the scorn of my teenage years, but the longer I'm here, the more passionate I feel about it's future.

I want prosperity for this place.  I want growth and I want people to be excited about what's going on and what could go on if they'd get involved.

So today, I started to get involved.  I was blessed by some local entrepreneurs (whose projects are nothing less than inspiring!) who were kind enough to show me the buildings they are renovating, and I saw their vision.

I saw the reality of a sluggish downtown and the possibility of a bustling hub of activity and commerce, like a downtown is supposed to be!  I want to be part of it!  Dear Lord, let the doors and windows open somehow.

Store front - Window display - Yellow walls and white linens.  I'm reaching, perhaps soon I will be grasping!

This Gratituesday, I'm grateful for possibility and the people who see it where others do not.  



Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment