Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It Shoooore Was Good!

There are so many reasons why I need a real bakery - and this week the list has grown...a lot.

I have so much baking to do, I'm up soaking bread at midnight and turning the oven on before my coffee is done in the morning.  It's a good thing - my oven might tell you differently.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw it glaring at me when I put the fourth batch of sourdough in the other night.  But I digress. 

My oven's growing resentment is none of our concern!  Today, I have another review to share with you - from my friend who now has her MBA...and the student loans to go with it!  (The cake she ordered and the ensuing sugar high is definitely helping her cope though, I'm sure of it.)

Here's what she had to say about her cake:

Amy made a lemon cake with buttercream icing to help us celebrate me completing grad school.  I told her to decorate it however she wanted, and she came up with a design she knew I'd love and in my favorite colors (pink).  My husband and I couldn't decide which part of the cake we liked best.  He preferred the buttercream icing, whereas I loved the rich lemon flavor in the cake.  Amy did a great job with this cake order, and I'm so glad she was able to play a role in our celebration.


And she also ordered a loaf of my whole wheat bread!  Here's what she had to say about that:

My husband and I aren't huge bread people.  A loaf of bread goes bad well before we can start to make a dent in it, actually.  But, after hearing Amy talk about her bread and baking methods, I was curious enough to buy.  It was wonderful.  I think I liked it more than the cake Amy made for me...which, who likes bread more than cake?!  What I appreciated most was that the bread was moist, even after it had been toasted.  Our loaf is actually almost gone -- after just a few days -- so I'll definitely be needing more again soon.
Top: Whole Wheat (soaked of course!)
Middle: Whole Wheat Sourdough Loaf
Bottom: Whole Wheat Sourdough Baguettes

Wish you could have smelled it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment