Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's My Party...

Today, is my 30th birthday.

I left my 20's behind in an exhausted heap and I'm moving on and moving up.

During the course of this milestone birthday, I heard, possibly over nine million times - - "You didn't have to bake your own birthday cake, did you??"  As if that would somehow be a fate worse than turning 30;).

I love to bake!  What better way to celebrate than to really let loose in the kitchen and create something for myself that truly celebrates the occasion with flavors that I, me and myself really love? 

So I give you, Amy's 30th Birthday "Cake"

Lemon Almond Tiramisu
Tasty enough to make you forget your real age!
Real, fresh lady fingers, gorgeous, golden lemon curd, almond syrup and layer after layer of all of it.  No one stuck a candle in it for me...however, I did get my own version of "Happy Birthday" direct from my brother, who is in Israel.  It was in Hebrew, but I caught on:). 

Yes, that is a tea candle. 
I had to put up with a lot of complaining from those who believe cake is the ONLY acceptable way to fete one's natal day, but I blow raspberries in their general direction.

It's my birthday, and I'll eat lemons if I want to!  So there!

Thank the Maker for lemons!  They are one of my delights here on earth:). 

Happy Big 3-0 to me!



Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

  1. :) Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed every moment of the baking and every bit of the tasting. :)

    ReplyDelete