Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Eight Reasons to be GRATEFUL!

So, you might be wondering...where are the rest of the cake pictures??  Well, here's the thing...my digital camera took a poop and it is officially in the land of dead electronic things.

My awesome sister-in-law, who is a regular guest-blogger here:), and, by the way, is doing a great job on her own blog,  took many, many pictures on her phone, and they are being downloaded and sent.  So, they're on their way...and I am trying to be patient.

Til then I will give you my Gratituesday list born of last weekend's cake euphoria!

I am grateful for:

1. MY HUSBAND:  What can I say?  I married an amazing man.  As I was about to stack the cake the night before, I realized the fridge wasn't level and would destroy my cake if it sat in there overnight.  This precipitated a complete melt down in the kitchen.  As I cried and breathed into a paper bag, this man single-handedly leveled the fridge all while whistling and telling me I'm good at what I do. 

He even took a large metal level to the head and kept his cool!  Forget John Wanye, I'll take a Lennon Lore ANY day!!

Amazing Cake Muscles...my husband...and his cartoon doppelganger:).
2. My car:  The new-to-us SUV is a GREAT cake mobile!  all the seats fold down and the A/C works great in the back to keep all that lucious butter cream cold!

3. My husband:  Yup, he gets two separate numbers.  Aside from the appliance leveling, he also put his huge muscles to work to move my 75 pound cake from fridge to car, from car to reception hall and did it without so much as an eye-roll or stumble!  He also DROVE and did an amazing job of warning me about bumps and slowing down to almost a crawl for railroad tracks.  Could not have done this without him!

4. My sister-in-law:  She was there when we arrived, and boy did we work well together.  She kept me calm, helped me get things set up and helped me serve.  What a great encourager!  I love my husband's family...scratch that...I love MY family:).

5. It was work - yes, it is HARD work.  But I had FUN.

6. The Bride and Groom: They were thrilled with the final product.  I added it up...this cake and the service I provided would have cost a littl over 800 smackers.  And if that sounds horrendously expensive to you, I'll do another post about all the labor and fine ingredients that produced this beautiful cake...whew!  By far the nicest wedding gift I've ever given...and it was well-received, giving me the satisfaction of knowing my love was accepted.  Cuz I show love with gifts...among other things:). 

7. I just loved seeing Scott and Krista get married.  I smiled so much my face hurt.  What a glorious, joyful wedding!  I'm SO grateful I could add something special to their big day. 

8. Confirmation of growing skill:  I KNOW I can do this.  Bakery...business...the Lord is opening doors and gently, firmly pressing his hand to my back and ushering me through them.  I feel confident.  I'm ready to move forward.  I'm excited about what the next year and a half will bring!!



Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment