Friday, July 29, 2011

Rustic? Cake Pops

I am a fan of the fad.  I love cake pops.  I think they're cute - and for me - infinately practical, as I get to use yummy cake scraps to create something totally new.

Now...I've been playing today.  I had some candy coating in my stash of goodies over here, so I thought I'd make a few cake pops and start getting used to this new medium. 

I will soon master the smooth look, but today, I felt like a 10 year old again.  Dipping and striping and rolling - it was fun.  My finished product wasn't quite sellable, but it'll takes a few batches to get it right. 

I can't help it...no, not perfect.  But I think these
are still pretty cute.  Admitedly, I am biased.


I haven't decided if I should call these shabby chic or maybe...ahem...rustic? But one thing I know I can call them is tasty.  I have it on the best authority...as documented in the following super cute picture:).

"Deez are good!" ~ Andrew, Official Bake Lore Product Tester
So, here's to learning a new tool for the trade.  I'll be keeping you posted on my progress, as always:).

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, they sound so good! I love the idea of a bite or two without the guilt of a whole piece (or more!).

    ReplyDelete