Friday, July 22, 2011

Summery Lemony Lemon Curd

I love lemon desserts.  My lemon cake is hands-down the most popular flavor I make.

But there's one sweet lemon concoction I've been trying to get right for a while: Lemon Curd.

Fresh Lemon Curd with Blueberries
Let me just say...I definitely got it right. 

You can spread it on toast.  You can eat it with fresh fruit.  You can dip your finger in it or lap it right out of the bowl with your tongue.  I mean...I guess you could...I haven't PERSONALLY tried that...I mean...ahem.

It's one of those tricky recipes that requires cooking egg yolks over low heat, lots of beating and stirring and careful attention.  But when you put in the effort, there is a tremendous payoff.  I love it.  I can't wait to serve it to other lemon-fans.
I especially can't wait to fill a cake with this lovely stuff!  So, so, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment